AVIATION PARTS PURCHASING AGENT
The Parts Purchasing Agent is responsible for ordering, receiving, shipping, packaging, and maintaining inventory control and integrity. In this position, the qualified candidate will develop and manage effective relationships with suppliers and work to ensure that AB Jets receives the best overall price. The agent will focus on results – planning and organizing work to achieve goals, operate with minimal supervision, and remain accountable for their actions.
Established in 1999,
AB Jets is a full-service charter operator with a growing fleet of Lear 60s.
Join a team that isn’t stuffy but demands excellence.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Salary commensurate with experience, skills, & training
Full insurance eligibility on the first day of employment – medical, dental, & vision for employee and family – no waiting period
Save for retirement with your 401k, plus a generous matching contribution
You’ll have time away from work to relax and recharge with paid time off for holidays plus a 1-week vacation after 12 months
Enjoy unique training from experienced aviation professionals. You’ll be equipped for success when you work on a team of industry experts. Goals!
Known days off. Your schedule is Monday thru Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
We operate a floating fleet with aircraft all over the U.S. Our full-time maintenance staff, flight schedulers, and executive team work from our headquarters in beautiful Memphis, TN.
AB Jets is one of the safest private airlines globally – thanks to our aircraft maintenance team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Get quotes on goods, services, and parts
- Develop a strong relationship with all vendors
- Choose suppliers on price, quality, service and customer support, availability, reliability, and selection
- Stay connected to market dynamics and price trends
- Ensure that AB Jets is getting the best possible price
- Ensure supplier and delivery commitments are met through continuous follow-up regarding order status
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies, errors, and payment issues
- Determine part numbers required by maintenance for non-routine and routine work
- Identify alternate and superseded part numbers
- Maintain detailed records to include all pertinent information for each request
- Support inventory counts as required. (Reconciliation, investigation, counts, surveys)
- Perform incoming inspection of parts and materials before items are placed in stock or issued for use on aircraft
- Other duties as assigned
This is your chance to join a high-performing aviation team
with decades of experience delivering unparalleled service.
Skills & Attributes:
- Organized and detail-oriented, must be able to perform very detailed work accurately
- Flexible, able to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks within tight timelines
- Communications – timely, well-organized verbal & written information, great listener
- Sense of financial responsibility with strong negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with various individuals including vendors and internal staff
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Windows and MS Office programs word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, inventory management, and web-based applications
- Highly motivated, self-directed individual with high energy and sustained motivation
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. We cannot sponsor visas.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years of purchasing and/or inventory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Knowledge of procurement of goods and services and working with suppliers/vendors
Complete the application and upload your resume below. No phone calls, please.
Upgrade Beyond First Class
(888) 520-JETS (5387)